In this session of PnP Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around Microsoft 365 development.
In this episode, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Karoliina Kettukari – MVP and Microsoft Teams and Office 365 user adoption and change management consultant with Sulava in Helsinki, Finland. Their conversation focuses on the human side of technology deployments, not addressed by the mere roll-out/announcement of a new technology. It is clear, change is constant and change impacts people throughout the entire organization – directly and more often indirectly. A large hurdle and risk to new technology adoption is the perception that this is an IT solution we now need to use as opposed to a tool we wanted and expected because it supports our ongoing business transformation. Three tips for driving successful (change management) adoption include: 1) securing internal resource and management commitment, 2) understanding/communicating this is a continuous journey, and 3) focusing on the human aspects of successfully performing a function rather than focusing on learning a technology.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, February 24, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- The new Office app now generally available for Android and iOS | Microsoft
- SPS Bremen 2020 | SPS Bremen
- Office 365 Chicago Suburbs 2020 | SPS Chicago Burbs
- There is still room in our Intelligent Intranet Accelerator Workshops | Microsoft
- Happy anniversary SharePoint Framework – 3 years | Microsoft
- Content collaboration throughout Microsoft 365 – Microsoft Ignite 2019 announcements | Microsoft
- #MicrosoftTeams: 10 Things You Should Know | Tracy van der Schyff
- Welcome to Your Microsoft Teams Guide | The European SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure Conference
- 5 things Every End User Should Know about Microsoft Teams | Karoliina Kettukari (Sulava)
- Move to modern experience in SharePoint and what you need to know about it | Nicki Borell (Xperts At Work)
- Quick tip: Improving performance when searching for a user using Microsoft Graph | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet)
- Programmatically configure the page approval flow for modern pages in SharePoint Online | Luís Ribeiro (DevScope)
- Microsoft Bot Framework v4: Send proactive messages to Teams channels and users | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet)
- Update to my Azure Pipelines Templates for SPFx Projects (v1.3.0) | Andrew Connell (Voitanos)
- Infuse AI into your Office 365 apps – three approaches and pricing: Part 1 | Chris O’Brien (Content and Code)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 25th of February 2020