In this session of PnP Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around Microsoft 365 development. This week, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Tracy van der Schyff – Microsoft Office 365 Service and Services MVP, learner, keynote speaker, story teller and blogger focused on explaining technology in simple terms, change management and adoption, residing in South Africa.
Did we mention: Tracy is a prolific blogger? Tracy’s idea of March Madness is 31 days of blogging about Power Platform. Then there is her Office 365 learning journey – 365 posts in 365 days. A full index of Tracy’s posts can be found here.
- “If you have to wait until you are an expert to share your learning journey, you would never have anything to say.”
- “People can learn from how you learn.”
- “Force yourself to learn everyday.”
- “Easier to teach a business person a tech skill than to teach a teckie a business process.”
- “Do things right even when doing small things. Because small projects can become large projects.”
- “Products don’t fix problems, people fix problems with products.”
- “Many people need to learn what we have already forgotten.”
- “Try and document”
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, March 16, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- UI Fabric is evolving into Fluent UI | Microsoft
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Look Book – Crisis communication template | Katie Swanson (Microsoft)
- Crisis Communication: a Power Platform template | Ryan Cunningham (Microsoft)
- Set up and learn about the Crisis Communication sample template in Power Apps | Tapan Maniar (Microsoft)
- MVP Global Summit 2020 – Virtual | Microsoft
- How to quickly optimize Office 365 traffic for remote staff & reduce the load on your infrastructure | Paul Collinge (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Power Platform Monthly challenge | Tracy van der Schyff
- Jump to folder SPFx extension | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology Ltd)
- Teams Chat Notifications Extension | João Mendes (Isobar Switzerland)
- Stop using ClientId and Secret to access you Office 365 Services | Rick Van Rousselt (Advantive)
- SharePoint Framework and React hooks. Should I care? | Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- Office 365 CLI: Grant admin consent to specific scopes using Microsoft identity platform (AAD v2) | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet)
- SPFx COVID-19 tracker webpart | Ram Prasad (Infineon Technologies)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 17th of March 2020