In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by – Andrew Connell (A.C.) – MVP, Instructor, owner of Voitanos located in Florida, US. Topics included: Andrew’s “Mastering SharePoint Framework” course – a 2-year endeavor that is content complete – well almost. Waiting on SPFx v1.11 release. Andrew shares his honest opinions on SPFx – capabilities, reliability, completeness, engineering communications, need for functional consistency across apps and tools that encompass more just SharePoint now. Discussed using library components or npm packages, and UX components – using Office UI Fabric or Fluent Fabric. Additionally, in this episode, 18 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted.
This week, SharePoint engineering and the PnP community are busy. CSOM .NET Standard is slated to ship, along with a Yo Teams video series – 8 videos, and SharePoint Starter Kit V2. This month, Andrew and others have made many updates to bring SharePoint Framework Dev docs to current. And finally, a priority area of focus is on the creation of Microsoft Teams reference samples, guidance/Starter kit and a dashboard/me experience!
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, June 22, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast format at http://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- CSOM NuGet | Microsoft
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 9 – Microsoft Graph Toolkit SharePoint Provider | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit adds Presence, Templating for the Login component, a React wrapper preview, and more! | Elise Yang (Microsoft) | @elisenyang
- Use Office UI Fabric React components in your SharePoint client-side web part | Microsoft
- FAQ Fabric and Stardust to Fluent UI | Microsoft
- Build for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework | Microsoft
- Advancing Microsoft Teams on Azure—operating at pandemic scale | Microsoft
- Using the Microsoft Search API (preview) to query SharePoint content | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet) | @vrdmn
- Merge PDF files in SharePoint using an Azure Function | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology) | @JoelFMRodrigues
- Office 365 CLI v2.11.0 | PnP community
- Making SPFx Web Parts Searchable – Lessons Learned | Thomas Daly (SoHo Dragon) | @_tomdaly_
- Embed facial recognition into SharePoint | Nanddeep Nachan | @NanddeepNachan
- SharePoint Framework fast serve now supports library components | Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg
- Provision Azure AD users and assign them licenses using PnP Tenant templates | Gautam Sheth (Valo Intranet) | @gautamdsheth
- Configure your Azure AD application with Integration assistant | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) | @waldekm
- Twitch Stream 6: Working with the Property Pane in SharePoint Framework Web Parts | Rob Windsor (PAIT Group) | @robwindsor
- Episode #106 – Introduction to Yo Teams | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Site Sensitivity and the documents within | Joanne Klein | @JoanneCKlein
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 23rd of June 2020