In this PnP Webcast, we concentrated on the patterns and available tooling on modernizing your existing SharePoint sites from classic experiences to modern experiences. SharePoint engineering is providing open-source tooling to help you to get started with the modernization work. You can find more details on the modernization guidance from http://aka.ms/sppnp-modernize.
The presentation covers the following discussion points:
- What exactly is modern SharePoint?
- Modernization pillars
- Modernization process
Webcast demo shows the following things:
- Transforming classic SharePoint site with modern experience
- Custom branding in team site with theming
- Customized welcome page
- Modernization Scanner tool usage
- Documentation in the docs.microsoft.com platform
- Modernization Scanner results to understand what can be modernized in site level cross the tenant
- The outcome of the modernized pages
The presentation used in this webcast is available from the SharePoint PnP OneDrive account.
Video on YouTube.
See the following resources on the covered topics.
- PnP Webcast – Calling Azure AD secured APIs from SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to tenant wide deployment of extensions
- PnP Webcast – Using MSGraphClient within SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Activation options for SharePoint Framework extensions
- PnP Webcast – Consuming taxonomy within SharePoint Framework solution
- PnP Webcast – Debugging SharePoint Framework solutions
- PnP Webcast – Using Docker in SharePoint Framework development
- PnP Webcast – Upgrading Packages in SharePoint Framework Solutions
- PnP Webcast – SharePoint Framework Dialog Framework
- PnP Webcast – Reusable controls for your SharePoint Framework solutions
- PnP Webcast – Site collection app catalog
- PnP Webcast – Including assets in SharePoint Framework solution packages
- PnP Webcast – Migrating to SharePoint Framework Extensions
- PnP Webcast – ALM APIs for SharePoint Framework solutions and SharePoint add-ins (apps)
- PnP Webcast – Defining an icon for the client-side web part
- PnP Webcast – Working with Tenant Properties in SharePoint Online
- PnP Webcast – Deployment options for SharePoint Framework solutions
- PnP Webcast – SharePoint Framework in SharePoint 2016 Feature Pack 2
- PnP Webcast – VSTS Build and Release Pipelines for SharePoint Framework Solutions
- PnP Webcast – Common (mis)conceptions about SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to Visual Studio Extension for SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Calling external APIs securely from SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – SharePoint Framework and organizational considerations
- PnP Webcast – Provisioning SharePoint assets for your SharePoint Framework solution
- PnP Webcast – Validating SharePoint Framework client-side web part property values
- PnP Webcast – Getting started with SharePoint Framework
What is SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series?
SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series covers different patterns, practices, and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. The majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. All webcasts are published at the PnP YouTube channel with additional references to the existing materials.
PnP is a community-driven open source initiative where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning’s around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (SharePoint Framework and add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open to anyone from the community. More details on community calls and open-source projects are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback on SharePoint Development topics, PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 21st of November 2018