SharePoint Patterns and Practices (PnP) – General SharePoint Development Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly call recording from the October 17th meeting is now available from the PnP YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on October 17th, 2019
- Updates from Microsoft
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft)
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Rencore)
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft)
- Demo – Chris Kent (DMI) – Getting started on creating list formatting definitions with JSON
- Demo – Erwin van Hunen (Rencore) – Building reusable templates from existing SharePoint sites
- Demo – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – Transforming classic blog pages to modern pages
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- SharePoint Look Book – Designs for modern SharePoint sites
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provisioning Look Book designs to any tenant in the world
- Open-source column and view formatting samples – Ready to use samples on list formatting
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- Slides used in this community call
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is October 17th, 2019, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 18th of October 2019