SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. In this episode, Waldek and Vesa were joined by Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava) to talk about the work she is doing around the SharePoint Development topics.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minutes (this one went still slightly too long). Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work in Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Role of Microsft Teams and SharePoint in Office 365 and how they overlap
- Challenges for developers due to the speed of innovation in the cloud
- European SharePoint Conference 2019
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Verification guidance – SharePoint Online moves to React 16
- MVP Article – How I joined the PnP Core Team? – Velin Georgiev (Pramerica)
- Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Release Notes – Contains VS tools for SharePoint 2019
- Displaying file thumbnails from a SharePoint library in PowerApps – Chakkaradeep (Microsoft)
- Common issues when working with SharePoint Framework API permissions – Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- SharePoint Framework v1.7.0 – What’s in the latest update of SPFx? – Andrew Connell (Voitanos)
- Part 2 – Azure Functions V2 + VS Code + PnPJs === true – Simon Ågren (Sogeti)
- Get all attachments from List in SPFx web part – Shantha Kumar T
- Top Use Of Modern SharePoint Site – Dipen Shah
- SPFx extension – Mail current view as an image – Anoop Tatti (Content and Code)
- Using pnpm with SPFx 1.7.0 – Joel Rodrigues (CPS Solutions)
- Testing the UI of your SPFx solution with Puppeteer and Jest – Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 20th of November 2018