SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. In this episode, Waldek and Vesa were joined by Olga Martí (Plain Concepts) to talk about the work she is doing around the SharePoint Development roadmap and topics.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minutes (this one went still slightly too long). Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work in Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- European SharePoint Conference 2018 and the best sessions there
- Power of community and how we can be more successful together
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint PnP Provisioning Service – Microsoft – ETA around late of this year or early next year. Currently in private beta testing.
- SharePoint Design Guidance – Microsoft – Design ideas and guidance from the SharePoint Design team
- Single Part App Pages – Microsoft – official documentation
- BRK3023 – Getting started with Microsoft Search – Naomi Moneypenny (Microsoft)
- BRK3090 – Customizing Modern SharePoint Sites: Branding, Site Scripts, and Site Designs – Sean Squires (Microsoft), Denise Trabona (Microsoft)
- Dynamic Data sample in the PnP sample gallery – Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- flatmap-stream / event-stream issue – Pat Miller (Microsoft)
- Adapt SPFx components to SharePoint Mobile App and Microsoft Teams environments – João Ferreira (BindTuning)
- Birthday SPFx, Web Part, Azure Function, MSGraph, @PnP/pnpjs – João Mendes
- Restore deleted SharePoint documents already restored by OneDrive – Joel Rodrigues (CPS)
- List Formatting Automated Deployment – Quick Tip – Keyboard Shortcuts – David Warner (Catapult Systems)
- How the Microsoft SharePoint PnP Community changed my career – and can change yours too – Community Code Contributions – David Warner (Catapult Systems)
- Episode #35 – Dynamic Data with SPFx 1.7 – Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys.com)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 5th of December 2018