SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. In this episode, guys were joined by Joanne Klein (NexNovus). This video was recorded on Monday 11th of February 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute. Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Migration tooling and processes for transforming deployments to SharePoint Online
- Role of SharePoint Online in the larger Microsoft 365 development platform
- Importance of understanding what’s available out of the box for architects and developers
- Office 365 CLI
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint Saturday at Cairo – February 16th, 2019
- Anatomy of a SharePoint Migration (Infographic) – Joanne Klein (NexNovus)
- SharePoint Online PnP PowerShell Provisioning using Flow and Azure Automation – Thomas Berman (Cadenza Software)
- Graffiti guidance – Advice on using unsupported customizations (and more) in a SharePoint Online environment – Mark van Dijk (Rabobank)
- Site Script and Site Design in SharePoint Online – Ahmad Amili
- SharePoint Framework development tips: prettify your imports – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- Formatting Values Using “Contains” in List Formatting – Chris Kent (DMI)
- List Pivot Table – WebPart – João Mendes
- Work on “change the look” options using REST API – Anoop Tatti (Content and Code)
- Be schizophrenic at debugging SPFx too! – Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- SharePoint Framework – Image Gallery – Ejaz Hussain (Content and Code)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of February 2019