SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. In this episode, guys were joined by Vardhaman Deshpande (Content and Code). This video was recorded on Monday 11th of March 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute. Please do give us feedback on this new video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Differences between cloud and on-prem development and service versioning
- “Building Microsoft Teams tabs using SharePoint Framework and taking advantage of the contextual APIs from Microsoft Graph”
- Challenge of keeping with all the new capabilities
- Office 365 CLI
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- PnP Webcast – SharePoint Framework Modern Search Web Part – Franck Cornu (aequos), Tarald Gåsbakk (Puzzlepart)
- Guidance on using $select with SharePoint REST APIs – Zach Rosenfield (Microsoft) & Jeremy Thake (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Framework web part and K2 Workflow REST API – Dragan Panjkov (K2)
- SharePoint Modern Themes – Create a Two-Tone Theme – David Warner II (Catapult Systems)
- Add Logo to Hub Site and all the associated sites automatically – David Ramalho (BindTuning)
- react-ai-images-suggestion: an SPFX sample web part using Azure Cognitive Services – Federico Porceddu (Avanade)
- SPFx – Tenant Properties Web Part – João Mendes (Create IT)
- Create Microsoft Teams from a template – Chris O’Brien (Content and Code)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of March 2019