SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Monday 13th of May 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Discussion on potential direction related on SharePoint administrative operations where engineering would ship APIs and community would provide the PowerShell Core and/or CLI operations as an open-source solution together with Microsoft with clear SLA and support statements. Your input is more than welcome on this potential direction.
- SharePoint Conference 2019 – May 21-23, 2019
- European Collaboration Summit – May 27-29, 2019
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Building engaging, intelligent portals and solutions with SharePoint Framework – Microsoft Build 2019 presentation recording – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)
- Release of SharePoint Framework 1.8.2 – SharePoint Engineering
- Introducing Microsoft Search – Bill Baer (Microsoft)
- Audience targeting with 3rd party SharePoint Framework extensions – José Toscano
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: April 2019 – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- How to: Setup CI / CD in Azure DevOps with the help of SPFx Generator – Corey Roth (DMI)
- Adding links to teams in your SharePoint site – Albert-Jan Schot (Mavention)
- Sharing Dynamic Data between WebParts – Marco Barbosa (BindTuning)
- Getting started with Redux in SharePoint Framework – Part 1 – Yannick Borghmans (Ventigrate)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 14th of May 2019