SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Tuesday 18th of June 2019.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Notice – SharePoint Dev Weekly will be on a summer break during July. We will not be having community calls or delivering SharePoint Developer weekly updates during this time. Back in normal business on August.
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Mid-summer celebration coming in Finland and in Sweden this week
- Work performed on the Office 365 CLI open-source project lead by Waldek
- Microsoft Flow being your personal the macro tool in cloud – automate your own tasks with it
- Provisioning alignment work and future plans
- Exercises on identifying the relevant objectives for your work
- Upcoming events later 2019 – SharePoint Saturdays, Ignite 2019, Thrive Conference 2019, European SharePoint Conference 2019
- Ignite 2019 – Microsoft 365 developer pre-day – prepare to be there one day earlier for this great pre-day covering Microsoft 365 dev platform
- SharePoint Framework moving to monthly release cycle – 1.9 planned to get released on 9th July
SharePoint Saturdays this week:
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Updated SharePoint Framework developer training package – June 2019 – Microsoft
- What is SharePoint Framework (SPFx)? – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- Resize SharePoint Online image by using the Microsoft Graph APIs – Velin Georgiev (Pramerica)
- Using CSS Variables to Morph Your SPFx Design at Run Time – Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting)
- Switch between modern SharePoint homepages using PnP PowerShell – James Callaghan (Microsoft)
- Introducing SP Formatter: a Google Chrome extension which enhances your SharePoint Column (View) formatting experience – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- SPFx on Docker for Windows lovers – Ramzi Debab (Ooredoo Group)
- React Templates Using SPFx Library Components. Part I. Basics. – Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist)
- Walkthrough: how to deploy spfx sample webparts – Anthony
- How To Deploy/Update/Upgrade Existing SPFx Webpart To Microsoft Team – Siddharth Vaghasia (TCS)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 19th of June 2019