SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one single location. This video was recorded on Tuesday 24th of June 2019 and guys were joined by Erwin van Hunen (Rencore) as the visitor this week.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Notice – SharePoint Dev Weekly will be on a summer break during July. We will not be having community calls or delivering SharePoint Developer weekly updates during this time. Back in normal business on August.
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Cultural differences on behaviors cross the world
- Work performed on the Office 365 CLI open-source project lead by Waldek
- Importance of evaluating the solution architectures used by companies when aligning towards the future
- Upcoming Getting started video series for SharePoint development
- New and shiny capabilities getting released on the cloud on weekly basis
- Differences between classic extensibility options in SharePoint compared to new future proven ways to achieve this
- Work performed in the PnP provisioning engine in past months – Teams support, Azure AD account provisioning, modern pages support etc.
- Future direction on the PnP provisioning engine capabilities – Extraction of the content, including pages, list items and documents
SharePoint Saturdays this week:
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Instagram Web Part – Microsoft / Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys.com)
- User_impersonation scope issue when working with SharePoint Framework API permissions – Robert Schouten (Wortell)
- Redeploy your SPFx Extension to SharePoint – William van Strien (ASML)
- Handling theme changes on a MS Teams Tab WebPart – Marco Barbosa (BindTuning)
- Backup SharePoint Framework solutions – David Ramalho (BindTuning)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 25th of June 2019