SharePoint Dev Weekly is a videos series where Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) and typically Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) will have a weekly discussion on the latest SharePoint Dev topics. They will talk about few specific topics in the video and we’ll collect also other weekly SharePoint Dev news on these blog posts so that you can easily follow the most interesting engineering and community articles from one location. This video was recorded on Monday 26th of August 2019. In this video guys were joined by Jeremy Thake who works as a Principal Program Manager from Microsoft Graph.
Video at SharePoint Dev YouTube channel.
These videos are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 20-30 minute, but they always go slightly longer than intended if they get lost on the discussion, like this time. Please do give us feedback on this video series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter with a hashtag of #SPDevWeekly. “Sharing is caring!”
Topics mentioned in the video
Discussions in the video were on the following topics:
- Discussions on the role of Jeremy at the Microsoft Graph team
- Benefits and direction of the Microsoft Graph
- Development process for Microsoft Graph
- Will there be Microsoft Graph v2 endpoint? – this might surprise you
- Challenge of API versioning in enterprise development
SharePoint Saturdays this week
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this video. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- People Picker component of Graph Tool Kit in SPFx web part – Siddharth Vaghasia (TCS)
- Add a Share to Microsoft Teams button to your SharePoint sites – João Ferreira (BindTuning)
- Be schizophrenic at debugging SPFx too ! (Edge Canary – revision) – Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Office 365 Groups Search Web Part – Ricardo Calejo (DevScope Ninjas)
- SPFx Basics: Opening a link in a new tab – Corey Roth (DMI)
- Office UI Fabric base64-encoded images for SPFx projects – Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology)
- How to get the hub site ID in SharePoint Framework – Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
- I can see it! KQL in the house! HCWP love! – Mikael Svenson (Microsoft)
- Using Invoke-SPOSiteSwap to Swap in a New Root Site in Office 365 – Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting)
If you’d like to have a specific visitor in the weekly videos and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 27th of August 2019