Covered in this episode: Microsoft Ignite 2019. Several announcements of interest: Fluid Framework private preview (sign up), Office Add-ins built with SPFx that will preview in the 1.10 release of SharePoint Framework, new version of Yammer and the ability to add Yammer app to a Team, Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser, Presenter Coach in PowerPoint, renewed Microsoft Project, Project Cortex – AI driven document management services, new Graph API for extending Microsoft Search, Office Scripts, Security updates, Compliance scoring, Project Cortex private preview, look book updates and more.
Full Disclosure: “announcement” != immediately available.
If you are at the Ignite conference – November 3 – 8, please stop by the booth.
This episode was recorded on Monday, November 4, 2019.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all of the links around related announcements from Microsoft Ignite 2019.
- From new Microsoft Teams experiences to the all-new Project Cortex—here’s what’s coming soon to Microsoft 365 – Jared Spataro (Microsoft)
- Fluid Framework private preview (Microsoft)
- The Future is Fluid – Jeff Teper (Microsoft)
- Building Microsoft 365 Apps – connected experiences across devices – Office Platform Ecosystem Team
- Content collaboration throughout Microsoft 365 – Ignite 2019 announcements – Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- The intelligent intranet powered by Microsoft 365 – Microsoft Ignite 2019 announcements – Brad McCabe (Microsoft)
- SharePoint look book (Microsoft)
- “The knowledge of Project Cortex” 🎙 a bonus Microsoft Ignite 2019 episode of The Intrazone – Naomi Moneypenny (Microsoft), Adam Harmetz (Microsoft), Mark Kashman (Microsoft), Chris McNulty (Microsoft)
- Project Cortex – https://aka.ms/ProjectCortex
Here’s the list of covered community articles this week. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Be Careful Revoking SharePoint SPFx Service Principal Grants – Phil Harding (Polymorph Ltd)
- HowTo: Create, build & run development and production versions of an SPFx application – Brent Ely (NTT DATA, Inc)
- Build a reusable Wizard component for your SPFx solutions using React and Office UI Fabric – Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Enable SharePoint modern document sets programmatically – Joel Rodrigues (Storm)
- Video Web Part – Dmitry Rogozhny (Itransition Group)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 5th of November 2019