Topics included: Microsoft Ignite 2019 highlights – Project Cortex, Fluid Framework, Visual Studio online and ability to spin up a development environment in a cloud, latest Look Book designs/Modern Portal templates, stronger Teams and PowerApps integration with SharePoint and more. This episode was recorded on Monday, November 11, 2019.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Saturdays this week – November 16th
- SharePoint Saturday – Ahmedabad | @spsahmedabad
- SharePoint Saturday – Leicester | @SPSLeicester
- SharePoint Saturday – TwinCities | @SPSTwinCities
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint look book
- Get Thumbnail List Item Command View Set | Aakash Bhardwaj
- Site Collection App Catalogs Summary View: SPFx sample webpart | Federico Porceddu (Avanade)
- Building a Microsoft Teams Bot: Get Team context details including Office 365 Group and SharePoint site url | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet)
- SPFX React webpart connecting external API | Veerasekar Meiyappan (Cognizant)
- Getting SPFx working in Visual Studio Online | David Opdendries
- Episode #75 – Connecting to SharePoint Online with PnP PowerShell in an Azure Function | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com)
- Microsoft Graph Explorer
- Thrive Conference – Slovenia, Nov 12-13
- PnP Office 365 CLI – Version 2.2.0 | Vincent Biret (2toLead)
- Ignite 2019 – Anna Chu (Microsoft) – awesome work on organizing Ignite 2019
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of November 2019