In addition to drawing attention to the latest advancements being delivered by the SharePoint Community and Microsoft, Vesa and Waldek’s discussion this week focused on: Just because you can develop it, should you?
Waldek, Head of Product at Rencore, shared his approach to product development. In summary – do the least work to prove or disprove (“the experiment”) business value the product may deliver, then make an informed build decision.
Please share your thoughts and learnings around your product development experiments. This week as well, work has started on SharePoint Starter Kit v2.0. This is a great opportunity for MVPs who care to share. Contact Vesa to learn how you can take lead on a piece of the Kit. This episode was recorded on Monday, November 18, 2019.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Saturdays this week – November 23rd
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft 365 training modules & Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate certification | Microsoft
- Deprecation of App registrations (Legacy) experience and the Application Registration Portal (apps.dev.microsoft.com) | Microsoft
- PnP/SPFx generator 1.10.1 released | Stefan Bauer (N8D), Vincent Biret (2toLead)
- Mapping on-premises accounts to online accounts when transforming #SharePoint pages | Bert Jansen (Microsoft) & Paul Bullock (CaPa Creative Ltd)
- User preferences in your SPFx solutions | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- What’s new and what’s changed in SharePoint Online REST API in August-October 2019 | Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- Extracting a site collection using SharePoint Site Designs (Get-SPOSiteScriptFromWeb) | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet)
- Extending the List of Sites You can Embed From in SharePoint Using PowerShell | Chris Kent (DMI)
- Episode #76 – Building an automated Provisioning solution | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 19th of November 2019