In this session of SharePoint Dev Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), discuss the latest news and topics around SharePoint development. Vesa and Waldek are joined by Thomas Gölles – team lead responsible for modern workplace solutions at Solvion (MVP) in Austria.
In addition to drawing attention to the latest advancements being delivered by the SharePoint Community and Microsoft, Vesa, Waldek and Thomy’s discussion this week focused on: Increasing cloud adoption across Europe, personal Bots, concierge Bots, Teams and Customer Graphs.
The question: How does one become an MVP? Do what you love – blogging, speaking, coding, and the MVP will come. Bot value? Include: 1) Filtering – time saved not having to answer the routine questions and 2) consistent answers – 1 version of the truth. Bot future? It’s happening now. Natural language processing is enabling the One organizational Bot to understand requester intent and access the appropriate knowledge base or subject matter expert. Need to move the customer to the next stage? Deliver a Bot-in-a-day workshop.
This week: Vesa is focused on the release of SPFx v1.10 before calendar year end, Waldek and Rencore just launched SPCAF online and Thomy’s org is holding it’s first hack-a-thon on Friday.
This episode was recorded on Monday, December 16, 2019.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- No Hello
- Microsoft Office 365 now available from new Swiss datacenter regions | Microsoft
- Microsoft Graph insights API is now available in v1.0 | Microsoft
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit offers new Tools and Updates! | Elise Yang (Microsoft)
- How to empower your Microsoft 365 team with a Microsoft Graph and IFTTT integration! | Microsoft
- Troubleshooting Search in SharePoint Online | Mikael Svenson (Mikael)
- PnP Modern Search solution | Franck Cornu (aequos)
- Bot Framework Chat React App Customizer | Stephan Bisser (Solvion)
- How to get started with React for building advanced SPFx solutions | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- Reusable React controls for your SharePoint Framework solutions | Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
- Show any SharePoint page as a tab in a Microsoft Teams team | Yannick Reekmans (Infront)
- Auto populate user & manager (using PNPJS + Office UI Fabric Persona + Graph client) | Veerasekar Meiyappan (Cognizant Technology Solutions UK)
- Site Collection App Catalog vs. Tenant App Catalog | Anatoly Mironov (Bool)
- Use ‘lodash’ in SPFx projects – important things to know | Stefan Bauer (N8D)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 17th of December 2019