In addition to drawing attention to the latest advancements being delivered by the SharePoint Community and Microsoft, Vesa and Waldek’s discussion this week focused on: Predictions for 2020.
While making no promises, the direction of Microsoft engineering is focused on delivering Microsoft 365 cross platform services while the development side of the house is focused on a single unified UX framework among other things. Both sides share a common and broad intent to deliver consolidated and cohesive experiences to users and developers in 2020. From Waldek’s perspective, a cross platform SDK for SharePoint and simplification of consumption licensing are worthy targets for 2020. Additionally, it is hoped that supportive, sharing is caring, and the “We” development community driven efforts will continue to flourish. As well, the continued evolution/consolidation of connected cross platform building blocks that enable developers and non-developers to efficiently deliver cross platform solutions for their customers.
Have ideas? Please reach out to Vesa and/or Waldek with your ideas or how to make developers, users, guidance more successful. Your feedback is more than welcome.
This episode was recorded on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and they are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: December 2019 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- Delivering OnePlaceMail on the Office Add-in Framework | Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions)
- PnPjs v2.0 release | Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft)
- PnPjs v2.0 transition guide | PnP community
- SharePoint Saturday – Virginia Beach 2020 | SPS – Virginia Beach
- Explore Microsoft Graph Subscriptions – Part I | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Quick Tip: Length limits for Office 365 Group properties | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet)
- Windows Terminal Profile for O365 CLI | Albert-Jan Schot (Portiva)
- SPFx Compatibility Matrix | Hugo Bernier (Point Alliance)
- PnP SPFx React Carousel improvements – Autoplay | Markus Möller (Avanade)
- Tiles view formatting: Thumbnail along with description and keywords | Valter Lima (Devscope)
- Styling Office UI Fabric Components | João Mendes (Create IT)
- SPFx/React DEBUG vs PRODUCTION builds | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Copying files between Microsoft Teams using Microsoft Graph | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet)
- Episode #82 – Provisioning Teams with PowerShell | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com)
- Demystifying Labels in Office 365 | Joanne Klein
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 8th of January 2020