In this session of SharePoint Dev Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the SharePoint PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around SharePoint development.
In this episode, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Sébastien “Seb” Levert, Product Lead and MVP managing product strategy at Valo Intranet in Montreal, Canada. The conversation focused on the convergence of portals and collaboration platforms. Teams is becoming the primary work environment through which LOB apps, communications, BOTs, SharePoint, etc., are being accessed. Valo follows a Teams First development approach. The challenge is creating the tailored/personalized landing page in Teams without the same controls that are available in SharePoint. Other trends discussed – clickable BOT actions, Teams left nav, building personal apps using SPFx, enterprise provisioning and “proper snow.”
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, February 10, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #SPDevWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- SharePoint Saturday – Cairo | @SPSCairo
- SharePoint “Next steps” 📢 moves people to the latest collaboration experiences | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- “Designing your intranet” 🎙 The Intrazone podcast | Mark Kashman (Microsoft), Susan Hanley, Melissa Torres (Microsoft), Matt Wolodarsky (Microsoft)
- Realize the value of an intelligent intranet in your organization | Matt Wolodarsky (Microsoft)
- New SharePoint CSOM version released for SharePoint Online – January 2020 | Microsoft
- Set Tiles View as Default View in a List | João Mendes (Isobar Switzerland)
- Enable Organization assets on SharePoint Online | David Ramalho (Storm Technology)
- Easily convert PnP TaxonomyPicker selection to update value | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technologies)
- SPFx: Using React hooks to globally share service scope between components | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet)
- GitHub – SPFX Service Scopes Hooks | Garry Trinder (CPS)
- Episode #87 – Consuming SharePoint Online using CSOM, MSAL, and OAuth | Paolo Pilalorsi (PiaSys)
- How to use the Service Pattern in SharePoint Framework React solutions | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- Projecting your teamwork in Office 365 | Joanne Klein
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 11th of February 2020