SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from October 10th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Topics covered on October 10th, 2019 – Call hosted by Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft)
- SharePoint Framework update from Microsoft Engineering – 5:40
- PnP JS Core library update – 9:47
- Office 365 CLI update – 12:20
- Reusable SPFx controls update – 13:38
- PnP SPFx Yeoman extension – 16:08
- Demo – David Warner (Catapult Systems) – Introduction to Sharing is Caring initiatives – Getting started with GitHub contributions – 18:22
- Demo – Aakash Bhardwaj (HCL Technologies) – Building React based web parts – List Flows and page navigator web part – 27:54
- Demo – Stephan Bisser (Solvion) – Integrating Bot Framework v4 bots to SharePoint using SharePoint Framework – 42:11
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used in the community call
- Code sample from Aakash – Page Navigator
- Code sample from Aakash – Check Flows
- Stephan blog post: https://bisser.io/bot-framework-v4-spfx-web-part-released/
- Stephan blog post: https://bisser.io/bot-framework-v4-webchat-styling-options/
- Stephan sample code: https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/master/samples/react-bot-framework
- Stephan sample code: https://github.com/microsoft/BotFramework-WebChat
- New SharePoint Framework web part sample gallery – aka.ms/spfx-webparts
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues.
- @pnp scoped libraries
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on October 24th, 2019, see you then!
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 11th of October 2019