Build a prototype
Pick a Sample
Create a project
To create a project, start the Visual Studio IDE of your choice – we recommend Visual Studio 2017 – and create a new project from the file tab. In the New Project dialog, navigate to Universal and select the Blank App template
Deploy a project
- With your application open in Visual Studio, set the architecture in the toolbar dropdown based on the device you're working with.
- In the Visual Studio toolbar, click on the Local Machine dropdown and select Remote Machine.
- Right click on your project in the Solution Explorer pane. Then select properties.
- Under Configuration Properties -> Debugging, modify the following fields:
- Machine Name: If you previously used PowerShell to set a unique name for your device, enter the name in Machine Name. Otherwise, use the IP address of your device.
- Authentication Mode: Set this to Universal (Unencrypted Protocol).
Explore our repository of Windows 10 IoT core samples.Explore Windows 10 IoT Core samples
Learn more about how to write apps in our documentation.Learn more about writing apps
Discover projects that Hackster has developed and published.Visit Microsoft on Hackster.io
Watch videos on developing for Windows 10 IoT Core.Discover Windows 10 IoT Core videos on Channel 9