Give us feedback
Use the Feedback Hub to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or when something could be better.
Feedback for Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset on PC
- Ensure you have the immersive headset connected to your PC.
- Launch Feedback Hub on desktop with the HMD connected.
- Go to Feedback Tab on the left pane.
- Click Add new feedback button to enter a new feedback.
Add new feedback
- Select Problem in What kind of feedback is this? to make feedback actionable.
- Provide meaningful feedback title in Summarize your issue box.
- Provide details and repro steps in the Give us more detail box.
Details and repro steps
- Select Mixed Reality top category and then pick an applicable sub category:
| Subcategory || Description
| Apps || Issues with a specific application.
| Developer || Issues in authoring / running an app for Mixed Reality.
| Device || Issues with the HMD itself.
| Home experience || Issues with your VR environment: interactions with the your mixed reality home.
| Input || Issues with input methods: motion controllers, speech, gamepad, or mouse and keyboard.
| Set up || Anything that is preventing you from setting up the device.
| All other issues || Anything else.
- To help us identify and fix the bug faster, capturing traces and video is extremely helpful. To start collecting traces, click on Start capture. This will begin collecting traces and a video capture of your mixed reality scenario.
- Leave the Feedback app and run through the broken scenario. Do not close the Feedback Hub app at this point.
- After you are done with your scenario, go back to the feedback app and click Stop Capture. Once you do that, you should see that a file containing the traces has been added.
- Click Submit.
- This will lead you to Thank You page.
- At this point, your feedback has been successfully submitted.
- After you submit feedback, to easily direct other people (e.g. co-workers, Microsoft staff, forum readers et al) to the issue go to Feedback > My Feedback, click on the issue, and use the Share icon to get a shortened URL you can give to others to upvote, or escalate.
Note: Before filing a bug, please ensure you meet the following constraints so that the logs are successfully uploaded with the feedback.
- Have a minimum of 3GB free disk space available on the main drive of the device.
- Ensure that a non-metered network is available in order to upload cabs.
Feedback for HoloLens
- Use the bloom gesture to bring up the Start menu.
- Select Feedback Hub from Start.
- Place the app in your environment and then select the app to launch it.
- See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as "Keyboard".
- If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select Upvote.
- If you don’t find any similar feedback, select Add new feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then Select a subcategory.
- Enter your feedback.
- If you have a repro, you can click Reproduce and repro your feedback, once you are done, come back to Feedback Hub and click I’m done. This will collect Mixed Reality Capture of your repro and relevant diagnostic logs will be collected.
- You’re done.