Updated getting started tutorials now available for SharePoint Framework
With the release of SharePoint Framework 1.6, we also did refresh the step-by-step getting started tutorials for both SharePoint Framework web parts and SharePoint Framework extensions. Both of the Getting Started series are provided in both written and in video format. Before you can get started with the tutorials, you should ensure that you have followed up on the environment configuration steps from the following article.
Getting Started with client-side web parts
Here are the available tutorials around SharePoint Framework. You’ll find the written format of the tutorial and also recorded video, which you can follow to see how to get started with the basic development tasks. You can find the link to YouTube recordings from the start of the each written tutorial article.
- Tutorial 1 – Build your fist SharePoint client-side web part
- Tutorial 2 – Connect your client-side web part to SharePoint
- Tutorial 3 – Deploy your client-side web part to SharePoint page
- Tutorial 4 – Deploy your SharePoint client-side web part to Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Add jQueryUI Accordion to your SharePoint client-side web part
- Use Office UI Fabric React Components in your SharePoint client-side web part
- Provision SharePoint assets from your SharePoint client-side web part
Getting Started with SharePoint Framework Extensions
Here are the available tutorials around SharePoint Framework Extensions, which each also has a recorded video for you to also take advantage.
- Tutorial 1 – Build your first SharePoint Framework Extension
- Tutorial 2 – Use page placeholders from application customizer
- Tutorial 3 – Deploy your extension to SharePoint
- Tutorial 4 – Host extension from Office 365 CDN
- Build your first Field Customizer extension
- Build your first ListView Command Set extension
Subscribe to the Office 365 developer program
If you don’t have yet registered on the Office 365 developer program, we strongly recommend doing so. You will get a free tenant for a year and updated news around all Office 365 developer topics based on your interest. You can find steps to register to the Office 365 developer program from the following article.
Additional resources around SharePoint Framework
Here are some additional resources around the SharePoint Framework development topics
- Documentation and tutorials – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/
- Samples and code – http://github.com/sharepoint or http://aka.ms/spfx-samples
- SharePoint Framework API reference – http://aka.ms/spfx-reference
- Videos and webcasts – http://aka.ms/spdev-videos
- Announcements and news – http://aka.ms/spdev-blog or Twitter at @SharePoint & @OfficeDev
- Suggestions and feedback – http://aka.ms/spfx-feedback and SharePoint UserVoice
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around the SharePoint developer topic initiative, these tutorials or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group) or the issue list in the sp-dev-docs repository. If you are interested in joining on our community calls and open-source projects, please see http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team – 14th of September 2018