For the next two months, we will publish articles that aim to introduce developers to Microsoft Graph Toolkit. Microsoft Graph Toolkit is a collection of reusable, framework-agnostic web components and helpers for accessing and working with Microsoft Graph. Season 1 premiers on April 13th and runs until May 4th. We’ll publish two articles per week, leading to our favorite developer conference Build. Season 2 will follow Build to continue to provide in-depth content and samples starting on May 21st.
We will have content that covers 0-level to 200-level topics . Each post should take you 5-15 minutes to read and is followed by a sample exercise. You will need some basic Microsoft Graph knowledge to follow along. We hope that beginners will quickly pick up the content and that experts will also learn a few new things.
How to follow:
Please be sure to bookmark this page (https://aka.ms/mgtLap) as the below list of topics will updated as each blog post is published. We have a GitHub repo with each of the Try It Out exercises from posts. If you need to catch up on Microsoft Graph knowledge, checkout this great series “30 Days of Microsoft Graph”.
- Season 1 premier – Announcing “A Lap Around the Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series (this post)
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit overview (April 14th)
- From zero to hero! (April 16th)
- Exploring Microsoft Graph Toolkit components (April 20th)
- Customize components with your own rich functionality and styles (April 23rd)
- Use custom templates with Microsoft Graph Toolkit (April 27th)
- The power of mgt-get (April 30th)
- Auth Providers in Microsoft Graph Toolkit (May 4th)
What’s in Season 2
Season 2 is action-packed! We’ll start with a series of posts on auth providers. We’ll also have some real-world use cases built by Microsoft partners. We’ll close the season with two samples, one for React and one for Angular, to help you get started using Microsoft Graph Toolkit with these well-known frameworks. Here is the full list of Season 2’s posts and posting dates:
- Season 2 premier – Build 2020 recap and what’s in the new season
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit SharePoint Provider (June 15th)
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit Teams Provider (June 22nd)
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit Proxy Provider (June 25th)
- Partner success stories on how Microsoft Graph Toolkit makes development super easy! (June 29th)
- How to use Microsoft Graph Toolkit with React (July 2nd)
- How to use Microsoft Graph Toolkit with Angular (July 6th)
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit Resources and Roadmap
Who are we?
We are a collection of Microsoft FTEs and MVPs (alphabetical by last name)
- Simon Agren
- Hugo Bernier
- Cameron Dwyer
- Fabio Franzini
- Nikola Metulev
- Beth Pan
- Ben Summers
- Ashish Trivedi
- Shane Weaver
- Elise Yang
Prerequisites and Resources
In preparation for the blog post series, we recommend having the following tools installed:
- Visual Studio Code
- Join the Microsoft 365 developer program to get a free tenant or use your own tenant with admin access.
Let’s get social!
Please help us spread the word and share this series with others. You can use this short link (https://aka.ms/mgtLap). Tag us with #MSGraphToolkitLap.
Share your feedback
We greatly appreciate your feedback as we reflect on lessons learned, what went well, and what we can do to improve this experience for future projects. Please take a few minutes to share your feedback and suggestions on anything and everything related to this series!