Immersive headset hardware details
To empower developers to create with Windows Mixed Reality, at GDC 2017 we announced the Acer Windows Mixed Reality Development Edition headset. This immersive headset delivers built-in inside-out tracking, meaning there is no need to purchase or install external trackers or place sensors on the wall. There's no complicated setup, just plug and play.
- Two high-resolution liquid crystal displays at 1440 x 1440
- Display refresh rate up to 90 Hz (native)
- Built-in audio out and microphone support through 3.5mm jack
- Single cable with HDMI 2.0 (display) and USB 3.0 (data) for connectivity
- Inside-out tracking
- Gamepads supported by UWP
- Mouse and keyboard
What you need to develop
- Windows 10 PC able to run Visual Studio 2017 and Unity
Let us know what you're working on
If you're interested in a developer edition headset and have a game project in mind, sign up for ID@Xbox. For all other project types, you can sign up to learn more at the Windows Mixed Reality developer page.