High Scale / Big Data
Senior Cloud Developer Advocate focusing on High Scale, Big Data, Distributed Systems and adjacent areas like Machine Learning and Data Science.
Previously Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft Research. Having worked in roles from a Software Engineer to Solutions Architect, I have more than 10 years of professional experience and have done engineering within numerous technological streams, consisting of Big Data, Distributed Systems, Deployment and Machine Learning. Programming in .NET C#/F#, Java/Scala, Python, Bash + lots of frameworks for each stack. Designed and implemented large-scale, performant, distributed cloud-native architecture (e.g. with Hadoop, Kubernetes, MBrace, etc.), big data, deployments (containers, Terraform, Packer, etc.), functional programming and machine learning, delivering low latencies, high throughput and efficient data processing.
I love interesting conferences and exchange of experience related to distributed systems, big data, cloud, functional programming, machine learning and similar topics!
- High Scale
- Big Data
- .NET Fringe 2018
- ML4ALL conference
- A few more events coming soon!
Recent and previous talks:
- Podcast: Hanselminutes
- Keynote at Open FSharp
- Intuitive Distributed Algorithms with F#, O’Reilly OSCON 2017
- Verification of Distributed Algorithms using TLA+, Seattle Scalability Meetup
- F# and Functional Programming, MS Dev Show
- Distributed .NET Microservices with Kubernetes in the cloud, .NET Fringe 2016
- Mastering Cassandra, Docker and F#, FSharpConf
- .NET Machine Learning: F# and Accord.NET, QCon San Francisco
- .NET Machine Learning: F# and Accord.NET, .NET Developers Association
- Dynamic Visualization of F# jobs with SignalR, F# User Group
- Machine Learning in .NET with Accord.NET and F#, .NET Unboxed
- Innovative approach to cloud programming with F#, Dev Labs
- Cloud Computing with F# and MBrace, PADNUG
- Machine Learning with F# and Accord.NET, DevDay
- Reactive-interactive visualization of F# jobs, Progressive .NET tutorials 2015
- Cloud Monads in F#, F# Kiev User Group
- Embracing Clouds: F#, MBrace and Azure, .NET Fringe 2015
- Podcast: Developer on Fire - Alena Hall
Organizing and supporting:
- F# Software Foundation Board of Trustees Member, elected by the community, 2015 - Currently
- Organizer of .NET Fringe, June 4 - 6, 2017, Portland, OR
- Organizer of .NET Fringe, July 10 - 12, 2016, Portland, OR
- Using Spark on Databricks to consume data from Event Hubs
- Running a Distributed Database on Kubernetes on Azure
- Vital things an architect must know about adjustable and flexible system design
- About Cassandra on Docker with F#
- Learn the machine!
- Functional approach to distributed computations and Big Data with F# MBrace cloud monads (Part I, Part II, Part III)